SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.13 número5Detection of Helicobacter pylori antigen in stool samples for diagnosis of infection in childrenImpact of anti-tuberculosis therapy on plasma zinc status in childhood tuberculosis índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados



  • No hay articulos citadosCitado por SciELO

Links relacionados

  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal

versión impresa ISSN 1020-3397


FALLAH, M.; AZIMI, A.  y  TAHERKHANI, H.. Seroprevalence of toxocariasis in children aged 1-9 years in western Islamic Republic of Iran, 2003. East. Mediterr. health j. [online]. 2007, vol.13, n.5, pp. 1073-1077. ISSN 1020-3397.

We determined the seroprevalence of Toxocara canis infection in 544 children under 10 years randomly selected from urban and rural areas of Hamadan. An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay was used for detection of antibodies to T. canis excretion-secretion antigens. Using a questionnaire, epidemiological factors associated with infection were examined, including age, sex, residence. Antibodies to T. canis were detected in 29 children (5.3%) and 19 children (3.5%) were categorized as borderline positive; thus together this gave a prevalence of toxocariasis of 8.8%. No significant differences were found in terms of sex, age and residence.

        · resumen en Francés | Arabe     · texto en Inglés     · pdf en Inglés